|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides a positive nature and recreation experience for our guests. Nature Guide will be responsible for leading on and off property activities such as Nature Programs, Basics of Birding, Ritual of Tea, and Terrariums. Guide will also provide instruction for the use of on-property outdoor recreational equipment such as kayaks, bike, snowshoes and cross country skis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES
- Regular and timely attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Provide personal attention to guests as appropriate.
- Stay current with all spa procedures, outdoor equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in the maintenance, cleanliness, and neatness of the equipment and trails used for on property activities.
- Stay current on all spa department information.
- Maintain current knowledge of all spa programs and company information.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
- Lead walks, talks, classes, trainings, etc.
- Create and implement new classes and activities with the cooperation and guidance of the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
- Coordinate the purchasing and delivery of supplies needed to support nature classes and activities.
- Transport guests to and from off-property areas used for outdoor activities.
- Investigate all supply needs and review suggestions with the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
- Be familiar with philosophy of the resort and be able to communicate that to the guests during their activities.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Excellent personal appearance, good communication and listening skills and a friendly, congenial personality.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on guest.
- Avidly participate and have advanced knowledge in one or more of the following activities: flora and fauna, stream and pond ecology, wetland habitats, kayaking, and nature crafting.
- Prior experience as an instructor is preferred.
- Willingness to gain proficiency in new or unfamiliar outdoor activities.
- Have or be willing to obtain CPR (1 Rescuer/Adult) certification.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.