|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
The Lodge at Woodloch has a philosophy of personal awakening, allowing guests to discover or reunite with stress-relieving outlets that benefit them long after they leave. The common denominator in each life-changing event at The Lodge at Woodloch is YOU. Each department requires different skills and knowledge that come together to make The Lodge at Woodloch an award-winning wellness retreat. Because of the amazing team, and the impact they have on guests, The Lodge at Woodloch has been honored with awards recognizing them within the Top 10 Wellness Resorts in the World time and time again!
We are so lucky to be part of the Woodloch family of resorts. The “Woodloch Way” is a term we use to showcase our dedication to hospitality and to each and every one of our staff (family) members. We’ve created a place where we can work hard, be creative and have our voices heard.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB - mix and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar, either directly or through cocktail staff, following standard recipes. Serves wine and draft or bottled beer. Maintains inventory and supplies for bar. Provides an enjoyable and safe bar experience to all guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Dedicated to providing exceptional service
- Anticipates guest needs
- Complete knowledge of menu and liquor products, including cooking times, ingredients, portion size, presentation, accompaniments, abbreviations, pricing and able to fully describe to the guest.
- Follows standardized drink recipes, garnishes and glassware specifications.
- Meets all service timing standards
- Works quickly during busy times to service all bar guests
- Welcomes, thanks and invites guests to return
- Provides prompt and courteous service to each guest
- Maintains excellent cash handling skills
- Understands alcohol management, including procedures for checking ID’s, recognizing personal limits of guests, using best judgment when serving alcohol and refusing service
- Understands Point of Sales system and processes transactions efficiently
- Maintains open communication with management and co-workers
- Informs Management of guest concerns, safety concerns and maintenance issues
- Acts as final check on food and beverage quality and presentation
- Performs opening, running and closing duties, as assigned
- Assists co-workers at all times, continuously providing teamwork
- Maintains cleaning standards
- During the shift, cleans and sanitizes equipment and utensils, and washes glassware
- Performs functions which require organization, speed, standing, bending, reaching, turning, lifting items
- Maintains par levels by continuously restocking the bar of consumables, supplies, ice and alcohol
- Mixes drinks for bar guest
- Mixes drinks for wait staff at service bar
- Constantly cleans bar top
- Keeps back bar clean and organized
- Uses beer/beverage dispensers, blenders, cappuccino machine, glass washers, frozen drink machine
- Changes beer kegs, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift, or longer if needed.
- Builds relationship with guests
- Has general understanding of resort operations and daily schedule of activities and events
- Proper uniform – neat, clean appearance, and nametag are required
- Woodloch takes pride in having exceptional staff with a great work culture in a beautiful setting (lake side!)
- We promote teamwork and cooperation
- We celebrate our staff with appreciation/holiday parties
- Comprehensive dental, vision and health insurance
- Life and pet insurance
- Pension plans and 529 plans
- Complimentary birthday dinners
- Free use of many facilities, sports complex discounts, wellness programs
- Dozens of local employee retail discounts
Please view our website at https://woodloch.applicantstack.com/x/openings/ for more career opportunities.