|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
SUMMARY: Laundry Supervisor you are responsible to oversee the team of laundry attendant towards achieving the operational objectives while ensuring that the hotels operational standards are met. Responsible for managing overall daily operations of the Linen and laundry rooms. Also ensure quality controls are in place and manage customer service inquiries.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Prior laundry experience and/or work in the hospitality industry is a plus.
- Manage overall daily operations of the Linen Room.
- Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processes, rejecting any exceptions, must ensure that all linens when pressed are wrinkle free.
- Ensures that employees are wearing proper uniform.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the linen area.
- Oversee the loading of carts and place accurately as requested and oversee in getting filled linen carts to designated areas.
- Ensure linen and laundry supplies are ordered and controlled in line with Business and Events.
- Ensure a clean and tidy linen room at all times and report to the management if any items have been damaged.
- Ensure that linen are properly stored and recorded.
- Ensure that the proper procedure is followed when linen needs to be discarded.
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of dryers, and also setting proper temperature for different items that require drying.
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Keep and update the Laundry / linen productivity report on a daily basis.
- Take linen which is spotted out and place separate for re-washing or special treatments. Any linen which is torn is placed separately and returned to the Linen room for repair.
- Oversee the issuing of linen via hotels requisition system.
- Schedules preventative maintenance of laundry equipment and co-ordinate with the engineering department for any maintenance issues.
- Recommends equipment, linen and chemical purchasing needs to Department Head in budget preparation.
- Assists in standardizing the method in which laundry tasks will be performed.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Responsible for proper running of equipment and proper amounts of chemicals.
- Train, develop, and appraise the laundry team and carry out stock takes as per management policy.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of laundry personnel.
- Assigns schedules and duties to laundry staff as per business needs.
- Assists in determining staffing requirements necessary to meet the Laundry Department's needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned and able to carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotels management.
- Must be flexible based on scheduling needs.
- Must be able to work, nights, weekends and holidays.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: