GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this job is to act as manager on duty when manager is not present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enforce same policies, lifeguard responsibilities, and procedures and policies.
- Has a clear understanding of entire operation: Front Desk Procedures, Pool Maintenance, Lifeguard policies and procedures, all programs associated with the sports complex
- Train new employees in operations and in lifeguard skills/front desk procedures
- Provide continuous coaching skills for all employees
- Hands on training to improve lifeguard skills set, professional skills, etc.
- Assist in creating and coordinating programs associated with the Sports Complex; Starfish Swim School, Group Fitness Program, Fundraisers, and Birthday Parties
- Assist in the growth of membership: creating promotions, assist in creating advertisement, social media, giving tours, and reaching out to potential members, and promotions.
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies
- Indoor/Outdoor Pool Maintenance: Vacuum Pools, Brush Pools, Chemical Additions, Chemical Readings, Pressure Wash Decks, Empty Skimmer Baskets, Moving Deck Furniture, etc.
- Day to Day Operations; empty towel and garbage bags, etc. maintain clean and safe facility/
- Participate and assist in bi-weekly/monthly lifeguard in-service training
- Work with manager in accomplishing Starguard requirements/ standards: Helps train and lead our team of guards
- Creates weekly cleaning lists to help keep facility clean. Each staff member should have a project to accomplish from week to week.
- Building Check-lists submitted to Erika bi-weekly. Use list that was created by Erika to help determine what needs to be fixed. For example check all lightbulbs, etc.
- Responsible for making sure all fitness equipment is working at all times. If equipment is broken, responsible for reporting, and following up with the equipment being fixed. Use resources such as maintenance and Fitness Headquarters.
- Strong Leadership skills and the experience and ability to lead a team
- Enthusiastic and Supportive: Members and Clients stay interested in WSSC AND our staff members stay interested and motivated
- Enhance knowledge through continuing education to help build skills
- Team player; work with Sports Complex team to help build overall membership/ personal training program/ group fitness program/ swim school
- Work a flexible schedule including Weekends and Holidays
- Positive Attitude
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
Areas of Interest include the following that the Assistant Manager could venture into. These are not required responsibilities, but are trainable skills that could be acquired.
- Starfish Swim Instructor
- Instructor 6-months to Adult Swim Lessons in both a group setting and individual one-on-one
- Starfish Swim Instructor Certification can be accomplished at the Sports Complex
- Personal Trainer/ Group Fitness Instructor
- Must have a personal training certification or Degree in Related Health Field
- An ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific clients
- And ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening clients assessment, initially and progressively.
- An ability to execute individual and Group Fitness Program design in a safe effective way
- A desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise. Maintain accurate paperwork for clients and sessions
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- An ability to deliver safe, effective, fun, and interesting workouts to all members / clients