|Title:||Pastry Assistant *Sign on Bonus*|
|Job Type:||Full Time and Part Time|
|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
The Lodge at Woodloch has a philosophy of personal awakening, allowing guests to discover or reunite with stress-relieving outlets that benefit them long after they leave. The common denominator in each life-changing event at The Lodge at Woodloch is YOU. Each department requires different skills and knowledge that come together to make The Lodge at Woodloch an award-winning wellness retreat. Because of the amazing team, and the impact they have on guests, The Lodge at Woodloch has been honored with awards recognizing them within the Top 10 Wellness Resorts in the World time and time again!
We are so lucky to be part of the Woodloch family of resorts. The “Woodloch Way” is a term we use to showcase our dedication to hospitality and to each and every one of our staff (family) members. We’ve created a place where we can work hard, be creative and have our voices heard.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB - Supervise and coordinate all activities of the pastry kitchen; manage a small team of pastry cooks and externs; ensure highest level of food quality and presentations; maintain organization and cleanliness within a professional kitchen. Must be confident and capable of making decisions daily & display good judgement in achieving the culinary goals of the Lodge. Able to multi-task and work with others while preparing & serving items.
The Pastry Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef & Chef de Cuisine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assume full responsibility for Dessert Menu which changes seasonally.
- Aware & knowledgeable of trends in the industry
- Passion for how items are created including nutritional ingredient consideration
- Must be a certified food handler, Serve Safe (Pennsylvania) (We can provide training)
- Must be organized and have a high level of time management skills
- Assign, direct & mentor your team
- Evaluates and solves problems encountered such as substituting items on menus, and reducing excess waste and spoilage
- Able to create recipes & source ingredients necessary to create menu items
- Make sure hot and cold lines are properly mise en place for service
- Have ability to perform cooking demonstrations for resort guests
- Position requires hands on scratch baking
- Some food purchasing required and responsibility for food inventories
- A sense of passion and genuine concern for the finished product & the enjoyment it provides to our customers is important
- Daily communication with culinary managers, staff along with the FOH team
- Ability to work shifts as business dictates including; holidays & weekends
• Supervise and lead pastry team consisting of pastry cooks and externs, prepares spa like desserts, breads, cookies and other pastries for Tree Restaurant and guest areas at The Lodge at Woodloch
• Assists in determining the appropriate quantity of baked goods for each F&B areas
• Taste & tests pastry items made from production to ensure consistent quality.
• Plates, portions, and garnishes desserts to ensure proper presentation.
• Completes production records in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assists in developing new products for a la carte and corporate group menus on a rotating basis.
• Sets daily pars on all products to ensure freshness. Rotates all bakery items according to established procedures.
• Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly during and at the end of each shift in order to maintain proper sanitation and orderliness.
Associate degree or equivalent from two-tear college or technical school is preferred; plus one-two years minimum experience as Pastry Sous Chef or an equivalent supervisor level. Minimum of five years of experience in culinary field may be substituted for education
- Woodloch takes pride in having exceptional staff with a great work culture in a beautiful setting (lake side!)
- We promote teamwork and cooperation
- We celebrate our staff with appreciation/holiday parties
- Comprehensive dental, vision and health insurance
- Life and pet insurance
- Pension plans and 529 plans
- Complimentary birthday dinners
- Free use of many facilities, sports complex discounts, wellness programs
- Dozens of local employee retail discounts
Please view our website at https://woodloch.applicantstack.com/x/openings for more career opportunities.
SIGN ON BONUS FOR YEAR ROUND FULL TIME
$200 for FT After 90 Days of Employment
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: