|Title:||Assistant Manager - The Market at Woodloch|
|Location:||The Market at Woodloch|
Assistant Manager – The Market at Woodloch
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB
The Market at Woodloch is a 3,500 square foot convenient mart, full service deli, and grocery store facility, with fuel; we are passionate about providing convenience while helping our customers with their busy days by providing a one-stop shop for fuel, newspapers, coffee, milk, tobacco, beer, wine, and high quality “grab and go” food. The Market’s Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in daily operations of the store and assumes the management and directing of all aspects of the operation in the absence of the General Manager. The Assistant Manager needs to be a role model, leads by example and ensures that the store successfully carries out our mission of customer service and hospitality; demonstrates the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIIES
- Assist the GM in driving sales and profits in a high volume, store.
- Assist the GM in overseeing and ensuring that the overall store condition complies with company standards including:
- Cleanliness (interior & exterior)
- Store and foodservice - fast, friendly and delicious
- Customer service and merchandising – thereby maximizing store profitability, expense control, inventory levels and shortage control.
- Assist the GM with the quality and consistent marketing and merchandising of store and foodservice programs.
- Fosters a coaching environment where team members want to excel and are recognized for their achievements.
- Provides friendly customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Maintains and nurtures the Woodloch tradition of “Warm Hospitality”
- Maintains rotation and ordering of stock.
- Assist GM to ensure team members are current on product offerings and promotions.
- Engages with GM to discuss ways to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Assist GM in planning and implementing marketing campaigns and sales promotions, and prepare merchandise displays.
- Monitors sales activities through cashier analysis to ensure that customers receive exceptional customer service.
- Examines merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed.
- Analyzes register reports and data to correct shortages, cashier analysis, and validate vendor invoices.
- Plans, implements and enforces Company policies, goals and programs.
- Promotes technology utilization and improved efficiencies.
- Assist GM with planning and preparing work schedules to provide the best possible level of customer service.
- Assist GM in building a strong sales focused team through recruiting, hiring, training and coaching.
- Delegates and supervises team members in all store responsibilities.
- Coaches team members on how to handle difficult and complicated situations.
- Leads efforts to improve team usage of technology.
- Hands-on management approach with “Lead by Example” practices.
- Processes daily paperwork
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job requires the Assistant Manager to assist the General Manager and to directly supervise a team of employees (varying during seasons) of up to 25 members.
This retail management role requires a strong leader with a customer service focus, management experience, excellent communications skills, and good problem solving abilities. You must be able to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse group of people on a daily basis.
- Strong mathematical and reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient computers knowledge (Microsoft products, POS)
- Must have good management and organizational skills, with leadership and competency skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Proven leader
- Strong initiative
- Ability to use and understand store reports.
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Committed to work flexible hours, days, nights weekends and holidays; Store operates seven (7) days a week. Must be flexible Monday through Sunday.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) is required. Two (2) year degree is preferred or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management experience preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages. Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction and multiplication.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- RAMP Certified
- ServSafe Certified
- OSHA Certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb (ladder), balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working at this job, the employee’s work environment will mostly consist of working in doors with a moderate noise level. A small amount of the time the individual will be in an outside environment to do light cleaning and attending to gas pumps.