|Title:||Assistant Dining Room Manager|
|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
To ensure each guest a spectacular Restaurant Experience. Aid the Food and Beverage Manager and Dining Room Manager to support, educate, and challenge the staff daily. To assist in maintaining consistency in our service standards and in meeting our guests expectations each time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead by example: Have a quality understanding of all F&B policies, procedures, menus, events, and standards
- Floor management: Oversee daily activity in the dining room and ensure standards are followed from open to close
- Exemplary customer service: Reflection of the best The Lodge at Woodloch has to offer
- Retain a strong reputation with the staff: Be a safe and effective place for staff to voice their concerns
- Communication: Help facilitate open communication with inter and intra departmental communication
ESSENTIAL DUTIES EXPLAINED
-Lead By Example:
- Regular and Timely attendance to scheduled shifts.
- Work a flexible schedule i.e. nights, weekends, holidays, long shifts
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance
- Have an eye for detail (cleanliness of room/tables set properly/lighting/tidiness of living room areas)
- Attend all staff training classes, suggest topics for new classes.
- Be familiar with server area cleanliness guidelines and schedules. Discipline when necessary
- Be familiar with kitchen cleanliness guidelines and schedules. Enforce when needed.
- Work closely with Sommelier to obtain knowledge of our wines by the glass, Signature and Specialty drinks, and Seasonal Beer list.
- Work closely with Chefs to obtain knowledge of food items or cooking techniques not familiar to you.
- Continue to learn about the products we offer and be able to speak about them intelligently.
- Have a firm knowledge of all of our menus (Breakfast, Lunch, 2 Dinner, and Dessert menus). Able to identify common allergens in each dish as well as knowledge of what can be modified.
- Ensure that all quality standards, policies/procedures and administrative requirements are adhered to according to Employee, Accounting and Human Resource departments.
- Check dining room for condition
- Oversee daily dining room service.
- Check reservations and work with the hostess to prepare floor plan for service and staff appropriately.
- Supervise dining room set up
- Attend pre-service meeting, contribute as necessary
- Review all dietary needs and allergies for the meal period and communicate needs to both service staff and kitchen.
- Safety Awareness – help ensure the safety of our guests and staff in all areas of The Lodge.
- Maintain seating flow during service
- Support staff in service duties
- Oversee closing side work, coordinate with assigned closer to ensure all closing duties are completed
- Check closing side work and coordinate with assigned closer and cut morning staff when appropriate
-Retain a strong reputation with the staff:
- Help new hires adapt to new position and provide them with support and coaching along the way. Provide feedback and praise when appropriate.
- Display good listening skills and maintain confidentiality and anonymity with employees who voice concerns and need counsel.
- Aid in developing more efficient and effective training methods
- Review daily roster and schedule in a manner that allows sufficient coverage based on business demands. Make cuts or bring in additional staff when needed.
- Check in with staff on a regular basis to ensure needs are being met and conflicts are resolved.
- Ensure overall morale is intact, counsel when appropriate. Discipline when necessary.
- Ensure proper stocking of printer paper, staples and pens for each work station prior to service.
-Exemplary customer service:
- To go the extra mile to make our guests happy and to uphold our tradition of “warm hospitality”
- Participate in Food and Beverage Meetings
- Be on floor during service. Maintain a smooth flow and ensure guest satisfaction by “touching tables”
- Resolve any guest issues at hand in a timely and professional manner. Follow through on all guest inquiries.
- Ensure Uniform and grooming policy is being followed and employees are presentable in guest and non-guest areas.
- Keep all other tabletop accessories in stock and maintain back up pars
- Communicate any and all changes, special requests, and updates to Chefs and BOH Leads in a timely fashion.
- Communicate needs of china, glassware, silverware to F&B and Dining Room managers.
- Communicate any upcoming changes to procedures etc. to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Communicate any necessary information to staff that is needed for them to stay informed and aware of the property and especially anything that would affect service in TREE.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by management.
- Check “What’s Doing” folder daily for updated agendas
- Work closely with Lindsey to ensure all details are covered as well as making last minute changes or accommodating last minute requests.
- Awareness of happenings and events at The Lodge, Resort, and Springs properties and informing staff of such events, and guests when asked.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: