|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB - The Lead Cosmetologist will participate in the support of salon education and training by providing regular trainings to cosmetologists, assist the Treatments Manager with assigned tasks, participate in maintaining professional inventory, and help to oversee and maintain the order and cleanliness of the salon and storage areas.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five years experience in high-quality, luxury-oriented full-service salon and/or spa
- Current license to practice cosmetology
- Perform hair, nail, and esthetic services
- Excellent personal appearance, listening and communication skills and a friendly, congenial personality
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- The ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on the guest
- Strong administrative and leadership skills, including experience with managing inventory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with training of cosmetologists as requested
- Assist in writing salon/spa protocols and protocol revisions
- Provide training to spa treatment staff on proper treatment protocols, and ensure that cosmetologists are performing treatments appropriately
- Participate in the coordination of staff training on services so they can accurately describe treatments for guests
- Assist Treatments Manager by providing input as requested
- Stay current on the latest thinking pertinent to the department and become well-versed and trained in its application
- Maintain product inventory and supplies in coordination with Treatments Manager and Spa Director
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments
- Attend regular meetings and perform special projects as requested by the Spa Treatments Manager or Spa Director
- Collaborate with Treatments Manager to ensure that the cosmetologist staff is providing appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality
- Ensure that the salon is maintained with appropriate and consistent levels of supplies to maintain standards of service
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of salon
- Maintain current knowledge of all spa programs and company information
- Will be able to work morning or evening, any day of the week, and also holidays. Will remain flexible with schedule and will coordinate schedule with Treatments Manager and Spa Director.
- Provide treatments to guests on as needed basis for covering treatment staff schedules.
- Ensure that all shifts are covered. If a shift will not be covered by the assigned cosmetologist it will be the lead’s responsibility to come in and cover that shift (i.e. snow storm, sickness/accident).