|Title:||Group Fitness Instructor|
Recognized by GOLF Magazine and Golf.com as one of the finest courses in America, Woodloch Springs is part of the trilogy of Woodloch properties, which also features an award-winning family resort (Woodloch Pines) and a luxury destination spa (The Lodge at Woodloch).
Spread across the course’s 438 acres are the 400 guest homes and unparalleled views of the scenic countryside and manicured green. The course also offers a driving range and teaching and practice facility. The semi-private course is open to members and guests of Woodloch, and limited outside tee-times are available.
The Clubhouse at Woodloch Springs is home to a pro shop, complete with a 9-18 hole course simulator and virtual driving range, as well as two upscale restaurants, The Grille Room and The Overlook, which feature sprawling views of the scenic course.
Since 1958, Woodloch has been owned and operated with pride by the Kiesendahl family, with the concept of family truly at the core of the business and key to our longtime success. Employees work hard and are passionate about what they do and why they do it. Staff can attest to feeling as though they are as much a part of the fun of being on vacation as the guests!
GENERAL PURPOSE Under direct supervision of the Center Director provides group fitness instruction, monitors, educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants. Ability to lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise (exercises for the heart and blood system), strength training, and stretching. They work with people of all ages and skill levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach a variety of member and guest exercise classes.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people/fitness levels; guests and long-time members, children and adults.
- Able to be flexible and work at both Woodloch properties: Woodloch Pines (with guests) and at Woodloch Springs Sports Complex (long term members).
- Personal Trainers; Instruct members in proper use of all exercise equipment, including weight machines, free weights, cardiovascular machines, etc./ Free Machine Orientations.
- Personal Trainers: Administer fitness tests and provide personal fitness consultations and personal training to member as scheduled by appointment.
- Design and explain personal fitness programs.
- Stay current in the latest fitness research and program developments, and become knowledgeable and trained accordingly.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by Manager.
- Monitor and maintain fitness department supplies and equipment daily, and replenish them as needed.
- Assist Manager in development of class scheduling and programming.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the fitness equipment and facilities as directed.
- Provide proper guest hospitality and service, as directed by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification.
- Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent.
- Additional specialty/certifications preferred.
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles. Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.Choreography and music skills. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.