|Title:||Group Fitness Instructor|
GENERAL PURPOSE Under direct supervision of the Center Director provides group fitness instruction, monitors, educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants. Ability to lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise (exercises for the heart and blood system), strength training, and stretching. They work with people of all ages and skill levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach a variety of member and guest exercise classes.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people/fitness levels; guests and long-time members, children and adults.
- Able to be flexible and work at both Woodloch properties: Woodloch Pines (with guests) and at Woodloch Springs Sports Complex (long term members).
- Personal Trainers; Instruct members in proper use of all exercise equipment, including weight machines, free weights, cardiovascular machines, etc./ Free Machine Orientations.
- Personal Trainers: Administer fitness tests and provide personal fitness consultations and personal training to member as scheduled by appointment.
- Design and explain personal fitness programs.
- Stay current in the latest fitness research and program developments, and become knowledgeable and trained accordingly.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by Manager.
- Monitor and maintain fitness department supplies and equipment daily, and replenish them as needed.
- Assist Manager in development of class scheduling and programming.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness of the fitness equipment and facilities as directed.
- Provide proper guest hospitality and service, as directed by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification.
- Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent.
- Additional specialty/certifications preferred.
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles. Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.Choreography and music skills. Ability to be professional and motivate class participants Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.