|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
The Lodge at Woodloch has a philosophy of personal awakening, allowing guests to discover or reunite with stress-relieving outlets that benefit them long after they leave. The common denominator in each life-changing event at The Lodge at Woodloch is YOU. Each department requires different skills and knowledge that come together to make The Lodge at Woodloch an award-winning wellness retreat. Because of the amazing team, and the impact they have on guests, The Lodge at Woodloch has been honored with awards recognizing them within the Top 10 Wellness Resorts in the World time and time again!
We are so lucky to be part of the Woodloch family of resorts. The “Woodloch Way” is a term we use to showcase our dedication to hospitality and to each and every one of our staff (family) members. We’ve created a place where we can work hard, be creative and have our voices heard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB - Participate in the support of salon education and training by providing regular trainings to cosmetologists (hair & nails), assist the Treatments Manager with assigned tasks, participate in maintaining professional inventory, and help to oversee and maintain the order and cleanliness of the salon and storage areas.
- Assist with training of cosmetologists as requested
- Assist in writing salon protocols and protocol revisions
- Provide training to salon staff on proper treatment protocols, and ensure that cosmetologists are performing treatments appropriately
- Participate in the coordination of staff training on services so they can accurately describe treatments for guests
- Assist Treatments Manager by providing input as requested
- Stay current on the latest thinking pertinent to the department and become well-versed and trained in its application
- Maintain product inventory and supplies in coordination with Treatments Manager and Spa Director
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments
- Attend regular meetings and perform special projects as requested by the Spa Treatments Manager or Spa Director
- Collaborate with Treatments Manager to ensure that the cosmetologist staff is providing appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and hospitality
- Ensure that the salon is maintained with appropriate and consistent levels of supplies to maintain standards of service
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of salon
- Maintain current knowledge of all spa programs and company information
- Will be able to work morning or evening, any day of the week, and also holidays. Will remain flexible with schedule and will coordinate schedule with Treatments Manager and Spa Director.
- Provide treatments to guests on as needed basis for covering treatment staff schedules.
- Ensure that all shifts are covered. If a shift will not be covered by the assigned cosmetologist it will be the lead’s responsibility to come in and cover that shift (i.e. snow storm, sickness/accident).
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five years experience in high-quality, luxury-oriented full-service salon and/or spa
- Current license to practice cosmetology
- Perform hair and nail services
- Excellent personal appearance, listening and communication skills and a friendly, congenial personality
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- The ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on the guest
- Strong administrative and leadership skills, including experience with managing inventory
- Woodloch takes pride in having exceptional staff with a great work culture in a beautiful setting (lake side!)
- We promote teamwork and cooperation
- We celebrate our staff with appreciation/holiday parties
- Comprehensive dental, vision and health insurance
- Life and pet insurance
- Pension plans and 529 plans
- Complimentary birthday dinners
- Free use of many facilities, sports complex discounts, wellness programs
- Dozens of local employee retail discounts
Please view our website at https://woodloch.applicantstack.com/x/openings/ for more career opportunities.