|Title:||Bell/Valet Services Supervisor|
|Location:||The Lodge at Woodloch|
The Lodge at Woodloch has a philosophy of personal awakening, allowing guests to discover or reunite with stress-relieving outlets that benefit them long after they leave. The common denominator in each life-changing event at The Lodge at Woodloch is YOU. Each department requires different skills and knowledge that come together to make The Lodge at Woodloch an award-winning wellness retreat. Because of the amazing team, and the impact they have on guests, The Lodge at Woodloch has been honored with awards recognizing them within the Top 10 Wellness Resorts in the World time and time again!
We are so lucky to be part of the Woodloch family of resorts. The “Woodloch Way” is a term we use to showcase our dedication to hospitality and to each and every one of our staff (family) members. We’ve created a place where we can work hard, be creative and have our voices heard.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Supervises the bell/ valet staff. Organizes and manages the flow and storage of luggage for arriving and departing guests, as well as the flow of all guest vehicles, in accordance with departmental and hotel standard operating procedures with an emphasis on hospitality, security, and efficiency. Maintain an orderly, organized hotel entrance in accordance with hotel and departmental standard operating procedures emphasizing guest hospitality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Maintains high standards of guest hospitality.
- Coordinates receiving of luggage for storage or room delivery.
- Keeps hotel drive and fire lanes free from vehicles.
- Keeps entrance area of the hotel clean, such as windows, doors, carpets, etc. free of debris.
- Parks all cars for hotel guests and day guests.
- Secures all vehicles parked at the hotel.
- Greets all guests approaching the hotel.
- Handles transportation of luggage and other articles to and from guest rooms.
- Handles phones/radio in a professional, efficient manner.
- Maintains cleanliness of the bell closet.
- Directs guests to all areas requested.
- Represents hotel in highest regard by always being courteous and concerned with guests’ needs.
- Maintains luggage carts in prescribed area and when in use handles with care.
- Understands and implements safe work practices.
- Understands fire and emergency plans and implement accordingly.
- Maintains a proper and professional appearance, full uniform and available for guests at all times.
- Understands Front Office rules and regulations.
- Organizes and holds staff meetings monthly.
- Ensures that all checklists were completed according to The Lodge at Woodloch standards on all shifts and addresses any concerns immediately.
- Promptly reports all incidents of damage or loss of guest or hotel property to a manager.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.
- Consistently maintains positive morale within the department.
- Coaches and counsels employees based on performance on an as needed basis.
- Completes the weekly schedule and staff according to the business needs based on arrivals, departures and stay overs.
- Arrange coverage for call offs/ short staffed even if that requires you to work.
- Trains new hires on proper procedures and protocols for the department.
- Complete annual employee evaluations for Bell/Valet staff in a timely manner.
- Create, maintain and edit key tasks and standards for the Bell/Valet Operation.
- Performs all reasonable job requests assigned by management.
- Bring all concerns/ issues to the Front Office Manager or Guest Service & Rooms Division Manager immediately.
- Friendly demeanor
- High energy
- Customer focused
- High School Graduate
- Valid driver’s license
- Available for shift work including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays
- Neat appearance, hygiene, and grooming.
- Able to drive automatic and standard transmission cars.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. They are sometimes required to stand for long hours, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. It is also required that the employee be able to lift, turn, or exert force more than 30 pounds.
- Woodloch takes pride in having exceptional staff with a great work culture in a beautiful setting (lake side!)
- We promote teamwork and cooperation
- We celebrate our staff with appreciation/holiday parties
- Comprehensive dental, vision and health insurance
- Life and pet insurance
- Pension plans and 529 plans
- Complimentary birthday dinners
- Free use of many facilities, sports complex discounts, wellness programs
- Dozens of local employee retail discounts
Please view our website at https://woodloch.applicantstack.com/x/openings for more career opportunities and information about Woodloch Resorts.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: