Nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, Woodloch Resort encompasses an award-winning family resort (Woodloch Pines), championship golf course (Woodloch Springs) and a luxury destination spa (The Lodge at Woodloch).Owned and operated with pride by the Kiesendahl family since 1958, the concept of family is truly at the core of Woodloch and is key to its longtime success. Woodloch Pines was voted by TripAdvisor as the number one family resort in the United States and remains committed to its original mission to “treat all guests as if they were company in their own homes.” Staff members are no exception to this rule.
Employees work hard and are passionate about what they do and why they do it. Staff can attest to feeling as though they are as much a part of the fun of being on vacation as the guests. With our unique activity program, abundant amenities, and outstanding nightly entertainment, your family, friends, and co-workers are guaranteed to be engaged, energized, and enthusiastic!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB - The Bartender mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar, either directly or through cocktail staff, following standard recipes. Serves wine and draught or bottled beer. Collects money for drinks served. Maintains inventory and supplies for bar. Provides an enjoyable and safe bar experience to all guests.
*No Previous Experience Required*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Dedicated to providing exceptional service
- Anticipates guest needs
- Complete knowledge of menu and liquor products, including cooking times, ingredients, portion size, presentation, accompaniments, abbreviations, pricing and able to fully describe to the guest.
- Follows standardized drink recipes, garnishes and glassware specifications.
- Takes accurate and correct food and beverage orders
- Uses suggestive selling techniques
- Meets all service timing standards
- Works quickly during busy times to service all bar guests
- Welcomes, thanks and invites guests to return
- Provides prompt and courteous service to each guest
- Maintains excellent cash handling skills
- Understands alcohol management, including procedures for checking ID’s, recognizing personal limits of guests, using best judgment when serving alcohol and refusing service
- Understands Point of Sales system and processes transactions efficiently
- Maintains open communication with management and co-workers
- Informs Management of guest concerns, safety concerns and maintenance issues
- Acts as final check on food and beverage quality and presentation
- Performs opening, running and closing duties, as assigned
- Assists co-workers at all times, continuously providing teamwork
- Maintains cleaning standards
- During the shift, cleans and sanitizes equipment and utensils, and washes glassware
- Performs functions which require organization, speed, standing, bending, reaching, turning, lifting items
- Maintains par levels by continuously restocking the bar of consumables, supplies, ice and alcohol
- Mixes drinks for bar guest
- Mixes drinks for wait staff at service bar
- Constantly cleans bar top
- Keeps back bar clean and organized
- Uses beer/beverage dispensers, blenders, cappuccino machine, glass washers, frozen drink machine
- Changes beer kegs, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift, or longer if needed.
- Builds relationship with guests
- Has general understanding of resort operations and daily schedule of activities and events
- Proper uniform – neat, clean appearance, and nametag are required
Please view our website at https://woodloch.applicantstack.com/x/openings/ for more career opportunities.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: