Assistant Fitness Director
|Title:||Assistant Fitness Director|
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this job is to provide proper guest hospitality and service, as directed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to work with a wide variety of people/fitness levels; guests and long-time members, children and adults
- Positive, Energetic, Motivating personality
- Excellent Professional Skills including excellent communication skills
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Assist in Development of Personal Training Program; Pricing, Marketing, Specials, etc.
- Provide guidance and develop skills (including marketing) to other trainers.
- Assist in hiring and evaluating Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers
- Stay current in the latest fitness research and program developments, and become knowledgeable and trained accordingly
- Attend regular meetings as directed by Manager
- Monitor and maintain fitness center supplies and equipment daily, and replenish them as needed
- Assist Manager in development of group fitness class scheduling and programming
- Maintain fitness equipment: Weekly maintenance checks on all fitness equipment including group fitness equipment.
Group Fitness Instructor
- Instruct a variety of group fitness classes to both members of the Woodloch Spring Sports Complex facility and Guests of Woodloch Pines:
- Group Fitness Classes include: TRX, Water Aerobics, Yoga, Stretch, Core, Strengthening Classes, Les Mills Body Pump, and/or Cardio Dance
- Demonstrate, lead and carry out instruction for class format.
- An ability to design group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific groups of clients.
- Monitor client exercises and show and/or tell them correct techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness
- Give alternative exercises during workouts /classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations of Sports Complex policies and procedures..
- Able to be flexible and work at both Woodloch properties: Woodloch Pines (with guests) and at Woodloch Springs Sports Complex (long term members)
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- An ability to deliver safe, effective, fun, and interesting workouts to all members / clients
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications